Our webpages incorporate the details about postgraduate dental training the educational activities that are open to all dental professionals in London and the South East of England.
The region is responsible for the quality of training of 600 trainees. This training is across Dental Foundation, Dental Core and Dental Specialty training. We also support the training of Dental Therapists, PLVE (in conjunction with NHSE) and run various CPD and upskilling courses for the whole Dental Workforce.
Ms Sana Movahedi is the Regional Postgraduate Dean for Dental for London and KSS. She is also the lead Dental Dean Nationally for Dental Foundation Training.
Ms Helen Tippett and Ms Sonita Koshal are the Associate Deans responsible for Dental Core and Specialty Training.
Helen Tippett is an active Orthodontic consultant, who alongside her Associate Dean role still works clinically part time at King’s College Hospital.
Sonita Koshal is also Lead Consultant for Oral Surgery at University College Hospital London - The Eastman.
Mr Davesh Patel is the Associate Dean responsible for Dental Foundation Training in London
Mr Peter Mauthe is the Associate Dean responsible for Dental Foundation Training and Workforce Development in KSS.
Ms Sarra Jawad is is the Associate Dean responsible for Dental Workforce Development in London.
Dr Richeal Ni Riordain is our Dental Academic lead for London and KSS. She is also an active Consultant/Senior Lecturer in Oral Medicine at Cork University Dental School and Hospital and Honorary Associate Professor of Oral Medicine at University College London Eastman.
As your Regional Post Graduate Dean, my vision is to commission, for the whole Dental team across LKSS, the highest possible quality training and education which is relevant and responds to the changing oral health needs of the population.
There are three main streams of postgraduate dental training programmes – Dental Foundation, Dental Core and Dental Specialty. Please refer to each of the sub-pages for more information.
Training is provided in a variety of Dental Practices across London and KSS for Dental Foundation training.
HEE LKSS also works with the following Dental Hospitals across London and KSS
- Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Ashford & St Peters Hospital NHS trust
- Barking HAvering and Redbridge University hospital NHS trust
- Brighton and Sussex University hospital NHS foundation trust
- Central and North West London NHS foundation trust
- Great Ormond street Hospital
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS trust
- Kings College Hospital
- Kingston Hospital NHS foundation trust
- Barts Health NHS trust
- Universtiy College London Hospitals - The Eastman
- Royal Surrey county hospital NHS trust
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS trust
- Western Sussex Hospitals Chichester
- East Kent Hospitals NHS trust
- Croydon University Hospital
- Queen Victoria NHS Foundation trust
- London North West Healthcare
- Medway NHS Foundation trust
- North East London Foundation trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation trust
- St Georges University Hospital
Specialty Training Board Information
Each specialty holds Specialty Training Board meetings two times a year. The purpose of this group is to bring together specialty leads from postgraduate dental training programmes across the region to consider issues of mutual interest in relation to Dental training, and to foster and share good training practice on a regional basis.
Healthcare Education Team
For all trainee related enquiries Please visit our contacts page where you will find contact information regarding all training matters (ARCP, out of programme applications, inter deanery transfers, integrated academic training, less than full time training and travel expenses).