All junior doctors in training have access to up to 30 days of study leave a year (15 days for FY1 doctors). All study leave applications should be made via your employer – please refer to the links below regarding authorisation and claims. Trainees must follow local trust processes regarding applying for study leave time.
All information regarding study leave processes for HEE London and KSS trainees can be found here, including guidance documents, specialities and FAQs.
For useful links and information relating to study leave please access the links below:
- Please click here for the study leave flowchart for guidance on the process on how to apply for study leave
- National HEE Policy on Study Leave
- Trainee Study Leave Guide
- Study Leave Appeal Process
- Process for Discretionary Courses
- Discretionary Study Leave Application Form (Trainees will need to use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access the application form)
If you have any queries regarding applying for study leave, you can contact the study leave team through the portal here by clicking here