Careers - The Consultant Interview: preparing for success
This one-day workshop is targeted to trainee doctors within 18 months prior to completion of their training. It's aim is to help you to identify a plan of action to address your preparation for the consultant selection process, with a focus on polishing-up your interview techniques and approaches. Through small group conversations and mock interviews, you will have the opportunity to learn from each other and deepen your insight into what it takes to make your next interview a success.
By the end of this session you will have:
- A clear understanding of the importance of creating a structured framework for your career planning and applying this to your individual career;
- An appreciation of the role that ‘happenstance’ can play in career satisfaction and how to network with greater purpose and make best use of chance encounters;
- Observed and critiqued a live mock interview
- Practised your interviewing skills with peers and identified areas to focus on in your preparation;
- The ability to identify the tasks that you need to carry out in the near future in order to maximise the chance of success at your consultant interviews.
We ask that you come to the session with a willingness to reflect on any issues and challenges you may be facing as you prepare for your consultant interview. Our approach to learning is interactive and experiential and we will offer you opportunities to share your ideas and experiences with others. You will have the opportunity to practise interview skills and approaches learned on the day and gain feedback from your peers as well as from facilitators on your mock interviews.
A requirement of attending is that you are a doctor/ dentist and that:
- you hold a current training number for London or Kent, Surrey or Sussex
- are within 18 months prior to gaining CCT or within 3 months beyond achieving CCT
To book your space please visit our courses and conferences webpage.